2013-11-28

Lost (?) dog with lovely temperament

K Shanmugam Sc  Facebook on 28 Nov 2013
I went to Bahrain on Monday for a meeting between Gulf Cooperation Council countries and Asean. Took the night flight back and landed in Singapore, this morning at 7.30 am.

Went home, had a shower, and then went for a coffee with my wife, to wake me up, before going into the office.

While we were having our coffee this morning, we noticed a dog, trying to cross the road. Appeared unsteady, walked back and forth halfway across the road. Thankfully the vehicles stopped and let the dog walk back and forth.

My wife went to pick it up (she is much better than I am at doing this – new dogs are calm when she approaches them). The dog allowed my wife to pick her up. Eyesight seemed to be not great, and seemed old, unwashed. Poor thing.

I went to the office, and my wife took her to the vet. The dog seems to be at least 10 yrs old. Had a big surgery done recently in the abdomen. Vet is not sure why the surgery was done – but seems to be all clear now. She has late stage cataracts. No microchip, no collar. Been on the streets for maybe about one week. She has a lovely temperament.

I spoke with Louis of Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (ACRES). Broadcast has been sent that she has been found. Hopefully owner will be found. If owner is not found, then we will need help to look after her – hopefully someone will come forward to help. Meanwhile Dr Siew of Save Our Street Dogs (SOS) has agreed to help.

I hope this is not a case of the dog having been abandoned.